Sunday, September 4, 2011

HOME GROWN Q

Q-Raunts aren't like Burger King. You can't have it your way. So on those occasions when I want it my way. I head to the Oklahoma BBQ Eaters Anonymous test kitchen and make my own Q.

Last weekend I decided I wanted some brisket done my way. So I fired up the Weber Smokey Mountain. Sawed me off a couple of chunks of mesquite and pecan from my personal stash of prime mesquite and pecan logs and twenty hours later I was eating something it's hard to find in the typical Q-Raunt.... Burnt Ends!

I started out with a 16 lb brisket, mixed up a batch of my super top secret ninja guarded rub recipe and gently massaged it into every nook and cranny of the meat. Smoked it overnight for 16 hours. Cut off the flat. Then put the point back on for 4 more hours to make me some succulent burnt ends.

At the point a piece of beef becomes a burnt end it transcends purely being a piece of beef. It has fulfilled it's destiny and reached a higher plane of existence. It's achieved perfection!

Was that too dramatic? Well when a piece of meat makes your eyes roll back in your head. Maybe you'll understand.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All you need to know about barbecue